It can be hectic if you have a water damage in your home. If you have an emergency water damage, you will need to weigh all the relevant options. First off, you must consider the condition, before you call water damage phoenix az for professional water removal. Start by observing the safety in the house.
Check for any hazards that can cause falling accidents, as well as any open electrical hazard. If the situation is extremely dangerous and out of your abilities, contact a professional company that offers the emergency services. As you wait for the professional to report to your house, here are some emergency water damage tips to help you manage the situation.
Emergency Water Damage Tips
- Cut off the power from the mains. When you have an emergency water damage, this is supposedly the first thing you will need to do. There could be extension sockets on the floor, which might end up causing serious electric shocks. To avoid all this, switch off the power from the mains.
- Try stopping the water source. If there is a burst pipe, try wrapping the burst area with the right material, like a plastic paper bag.
- Get rid of the water. Even if you have contacted a professional company, it is advised to eliminate as much water as you can. You can do this by sweeping or mopping. If it is too much, use a small bucket to scoop it off.
- Protect your furniture. Use wax paper or plastic paper to tab your valuable furniture. Alternatively, you can place wood blocks or aluminum foils between the wet carpet and the furniture legs.
- Lift the curtains and draperies off the floor. This will keep them from soaking up in the water.
- Save your delicate items. If you have delicate stuff, like art objects or other vital documents, place them in a safe and dry place.
Things to avoid
- Avoid using the vacuum cleaner to eliminate water. This can damage the vacuum and even cause electric shocks.
- Do not use household appliances like the TV, washing machine, or any other appliance.
- Do not enter any room that has a sagging ceiling.
- Do not mix the carpet with other rugs that fade, and do no put any wet rug on the sofa, even if the sofa is wet as well.
With these emergency water damage restoration, you can be sure of safety in the house as you wait for the professional water damage company. If you cannot handle the situation, then don’t do anything complicated until the experts arrive.